Why to use updated maps?
1. SAFETY (Option for a safer and more relaxed driving)
If the maps are outdated, your navigation system may frequently provide you with improper instructions. Updated navigation helps safe driving by preparing for unexpected situations arising from changes in the road network. Anyone can encounter annoying mistakes in route planning that are often thought to be the fault of the navigation system. Actually, the most common reason for errors in route calculation is due to the outdated maps.
2. TIME & COST EFIECIENCY (Optimized travel time & fuel consumption)
By using updated maps the system saves you time by optimal route planning.
You may also reduce the average fuel consumption of your vehicle by up to 12 per cent.
3. CONVENIENCE (Comfort & efficiency by POI)
It is not only the road network that changes, but the database of available places of interest as well. It includes a list of gas stations, ATMs, pharmacies, restaurants, accommodation and many other places that you may need while traveling.
Update Navigation Software of ZENEC Essential Devices
Navigation software updates (map data and system updates, as well as the free map update subscription for 1 year) can be downloaded from the Naviextras Internet portal using your PC or notebook. Before initial usage of Naviextras services, please complete the configuration wizard on your device with your new microSD or SD-card.
To be able to update your ZENEC device with new maps, follow these instructions:
- Go to https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal and set up a user account using a password and the personal data for your navigation device.
- Download the Toolbox software. Read through the application instructions before taking any further steps. The Toolbox is periodically updated. If you want to do an update later, first download the latest Toolbox version. This will ensure optimum compatibility for all transfer functions. Link to Naviextras Toolbox download.
Additional assitance and instructions can also be found here https://zenec.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox